The Decorators Unlimited offers comprehensive interior design services around the world. As such, we rely on a strong, reliable, and capable team. To find out more about joining our firm, we invite you to send a resume with your qualifications.
Current Positions Available
1. Bachelor of architecture or interior design
2. Minimum 10 years' experience in high-end residential design
3. NCIDQ certification preferred
1. Proven leadership
2. Ability to create detailed drawings
3. Good communication and interpersonal skills
4. Ability to use PC
5. Time management
6. Ability and desire to take a project from conception through the very last detail
7. Ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Pricing and checking availability of FF&E to be ordered
- Review order confirmations for accuracy
- Status project orders and expedite their delivery to meet installation deadlines
- Arrange scheduling for subcontractors and internal deliveries
- Assist in project installations and handling of any resulting punch list
- Prepare presentation boards and/or presentation pages and furniture books for clients
- Assist Senior Interior Designer(s) in any administrative capacity necessary
- Strong computer skills with a comprehensive understanding of all Microsoft software programs (to include Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Experience with heavy data entry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Great organizational skills
- Work well independently as well as with others
- Strong attention to detail and deadline oriented
- Ability to prioritize on a daily/hourly basis
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Skills: Interior design, attention to detail, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, communication skills, Microsoft PowerPoint, organized, self-starter, ability to multi-task, assertive, expediting, written communication, data entry, detail oriented, accuracy, Microsoft Outlook, scheduling
Benefits: This is a full-time position with great company benefits after 60 days. EOE & DFWP
Please email cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced professional with a background in drafting interiors, architectural details and/or construction design. Candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Project Architect/Department Manager and will be immersed in many projects simultaneously. Candidate must be capable of performing the fundamentals of design, digital drafting and understand construction methodology.
- Must be well versed in interior space planning. Understanding distances between furniture, as well as, distances of paths between furniture.
- Have a strong language in design, understanding architectural styles, strong understanding in scale and proportion.
- Well versed in understanding and reading all discipline plans. MEP (mechanical, electrical plans, plumbing) plans, Structural Plans, Landscape plans etc. (for Residential and Commercial projects)
- Have a high level of competence to lay out ID Documents for residential. Ideally strong understanding in construction methodology and detail orientated.
- Well versed in commercial interiors:
- Strong understanding in ADA and life safety codes.
- Strong understanding in coordinating with all disciplines, AEC (Architecture, Engineering and Construction) involved in commercial interiors.
- Strong competence in laying out I.D. documents.
- Strong understanding in construction methodology.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD software and Microsoft Office.
- Detail orientated.
We are very interested in talking to candidates with the following qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years drafting experience required. Must be able to independently prepare design and construction documents.
- Ability to execute onsite field measurements (as-builts), and translate them into AutoCAD.
- Must have a strong understanding of Architectural details and documents.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel and Word) and Sketchup. Photoshop is preferred, but not required.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on communication (oral and written), teamwork and collaboration.
- Must be motivated, very detailed oriented, willing to learn and take direction.
- Must be able to work under pressure, execute quality drawings and meet deadlines.
- Construction experience and 3-D Rendering experience are both preferred but not required.
If this sounds like you, do not hesitate to apply for this position!
Qualified candidates should submit their resume via email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, along with their work samples and salary requirements. Be sure to write CAD Design/Detailing in the subject line.
The Decorators Unlimited Construction Division is expanding and looking for experienced Construction Project Manager to provide daily supervision of detailed renovation projects for private residences, clubhouses or condominiums.
- Oversee all aspects of the construction project from planning to implementation
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Schedule subcontractors and maintain the project timeline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in construction management or other related fields
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Equal opportunity employer.